Feeding the 5,000 was amazing - you'll be amazed what we can turn your collections into.
This harvest you and your church can help 5,000 people to feed themselves all year round. Families like Florence Wanjala from Kenya are desperate to escape from poverty, and with your support, they will.
Florence is a 60 year old widow who has been taking care of her nine grandchildren since their parents died from an Aids related illness.They are aged between one and 12 years old. The family's only source of income is the occassional day's labour that Florence can pick up on other people's farms. It is back-breaking work for little pay and between April and November, when there is drought and nothing grows, there is no work at all.
There is never enough to eat. When Florence has found some work, there is one small meal a day. But often, maybe three times a week, there is nothing at all to eat and the children go to bed hungry.
Can you help families like Florence's this Harvest?
Our Harvest resources give you everything you need to make a success of your Harvest fundraising and are ideal for churches, schools and clubs. All you need to do is get involved!
Club together for a cow, dig deep for training or flock together for a farmyard - our new Harvest materials will show you how! Your donations will be turned into the practical support needed to help people work their own way out of poverty.
Order your Harvest pack using the form below or call us on 01225 874222.
- book a speaker - to talk about our work at your church or school
- Print Harvest supper placemats
- Donate now by texting FEED25 (followed by £5 or £10) to 70070
- Download an A3 poster
- Set up a Harvest online fundraising page
- Fruit & vegetable shape headbands for children
- Build an African Farmyard resources for children
- Great fundraising ideas for things to do
- Powerpoint for schools about food and poverty in Africa **Coming soon**
- Help End Hunger - The Play
- Sermon and Prayers - **Coming soon**