Simien Mountains, Ethiopia Trek
30 October 2013 - 10 November 2013
Join us for a trek off the beaten track to Ethiopia’s highest summit – and help kickstart our next 25 years of life-transforming work in Africa.
To mark our 25th anniversary in 2013, Send a Cow is looking for 25 adventurers to undertake a very special challenge across the Simien Mountains in Ethiopia, one of the eight countries in Africa where we are proud to work.
This 12-day (eight-days trekking), fully-supported trek, far from the tourist trails will take you across one of Africa’s major highlands. You’ll see breathtaking views, climb Africa’s fourth highest peak – and even have the chance to visit farmers supported by Send a Cow.
And best of all, your efforts will help other African farmers like them feed their families and climb out of poverty for good.
- Walk an average of 20km per day over eight days
- Walk for 9-10 hours on some days
- Climb Ras Dejen – at 4,630m the highest peak in Ethiopia and the fourth highest in Africa
- Includes demanding ridge route with several 4,000m peaks
- A webinar regarding the trek can be view here. (Please ensure that you have the correct version of Java dowloaded / updated by clicking here).
- Astounding scenery in this little-explored region – a World Heritage Site
- Trek through unchanged Amhara villages, high escarpment and beautiful valleys
- Optional day visit to Kotoba region to experience hospitality of communities supported by Send a Cow and witness how your fundraising efforts will help families farm their way out of poverty
- Time in capital Addis Ababa and historic Gondar to get a glimpse of Ethiopia’s modern life and its fascinating ancient culture
- Dedicated member of Send a Cow staff to support your fundraising efforts
- Regular Team 25 enewsletter
- Training day(s)
- Fundraising forums to meet Send a Cow staff and fellow trekkers
- UK-wide network of speakers to support your fundraising events
More information and costs
- For costs, an itinerary, Q&A or to join click - Simien Mountains Ethiopia Trek
- Early-booking deposit discount
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01225 871924
- This is a tough challenge; one which you will have to declare that you are fit and able to undertake.
This trek is organised on behalf of Send a Cow, by Charity Challenge (company no. 03686692, ATOL 6546) who organise overseas charity treks and cycles throughout the year including the recent celebrity Zambezi River Challenge which you can do for yourself raising money for Send a Cow. Click here for more details on the Zambezi Challenge in Zambia or here for alternative destinations. If this is too far from home why not take part in one of UK walking events?